Bylaws & Rules
Table of Contents
Every condominium corporation has bylaws and rules. The bylaws are a component of the Declaration given to owners upon purchase of their unit. If you do not have a copy of the corporation’s bylaws, you can obtain a copy from the Property Manager, a copy of the bylaws and rules can also be found at corelofts.ca/bylaws. The rules and bylaws are designed to create a safe and pleasant environment, allowing residents to enjoy their homes without infringing upon the rights of other residents.
Below are some of the more common bylaws and rules. Please refer to your Rules and Regulations for a complete listing.
Smoking and vaping are not permitted in the common areas or residential units of the building unless grandfathered.
The smoking/vaping or growing of cannabis is not allowed in any suite or common element.
Pet owners must ensure that their pet is not a nuisance (e.g., barking) and does not defecate upon the common elements. If an accident does occur, such defecation should be cleaned up immediately by the pet owner.
Failure to do so may result in charges levied against the owner for cleaning costs and arrangements.
No pets shall be allowed under any circumstances in the public or common areas of the building except to enter or exit the building. When transporting the pet from the condominium suite and throughout the interior common elements, the owner shall either carry the pet or hold it on a short leash.
Only one dog is allowed per suite. Maximum 30 pounds.
All residents and their guests are requested to have consideration for their neighbours on all sides. Loud music, boisterous parties, obnoxious conduct or an unwillingness to restrict such behaviour will result in action being taken by the Board of Directors. Bumping or banging on walls or floors, drilling etc. will inconvenience your neighbours. Should someone show complete lack of consideration of your right to peace and quiet, please put your complaint in writing to the Property Manager. In emergency situations, call the police directly then advise the Property Manager thereafter.
Bylaws & Rules
Bylaws shall be observed by each owner, and the term “owner” shall include the owner of any unit in the Corporation and any other person(s) occupying the unit with the owner’s approval, including, without limitation, members of the owner’s family, his/her tenants and their respective invitees and/or licenses:
- Auction or garage sale shall not be held in the units or on the common elements.
- Hanging or drying of clothes shall not be allowed on (or within) any portions of the common elements, and no pulley clothesline or other similar apparatus shall be affixed to any common element.
- Television antenna, aerial, tower or satellite dish cannot be erected on or fastened to any unit.
- Owners with private terraces must maintain them in a clean, sightly manner and cannot be used for storing items such as bicycles.
- In-line skating, bike riding, or skate boarding and other similar activities are strictly prohibited upon the common elements or within any parking unit.
- No one shall harm, mutilate, alter, litter, uproot or remove any of the landscaping work on the common elements, nor place or affix any planters, statues, fountains or ornamental objects upon any portion of the common elements.
- Unit owners shall not permit or suffer the infestation of his/her unit (or any exclusive use common element area appurtenant thereto) by pests, insects, rodents or other vermin.
- Any maintenance or repair work creating (or likely to cause) any noise or disturbance shall only be permitted within the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. No repairs can be carried out on Sundays or Statutory Holidays.
- Moving is permitted from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday to Saturday. No Moves on Sundays or statutory holidays
- Structures or changes to common elements (including all terraces), are not permitted without the prior written consent of the Board.
- Signs, advertisements, or notices shall not be inscribed, painted, affixed, or placed on any part of the inside or outside of the unit or common elements whatsoever, without the prior written consent of the Board.
- Nothing shall be thrown or swept out of any windows or doors, nor shall any mops, brooms, dusters, rugs, or bedding be shaken or beaten from any window, doors or balconies, nor from any portion of the common elements.
- An owner shall not do, or permit anything to be done in his/her unit, or bring or keep anything therein, which will in any way increase the risk of fire, or the rate of fire insurance premiums with respect to any of the units or the Corporation itself, or on property kept therein, nor obstruct or interfere with the rights of the other owners, nor in any way injure or annoy them, nor conflict with the regulations of the relevant fire department, or with any insurance policy carried by the Corporation, nor conflict with any of the rules and ordinances of the local Board of Health, or with any municipal by-law or any provincial or federal statute or regulation.
- All costs and damages incurred by the Corporation as a result of a breach of the rules by any owner (or by the residents, tenants, invitees or licenses of the owners units) shall be borne by such owner, and be recoverable by the Corporation against such owner in the same manner as common expenses.
Wentworth Standard Condominium Corporation 381 accepts no liability for the content of this document, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided.